Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Youtube Blocks Me for Two Weeks

The community flagged yesterday's upload. There was a warning at the beginning of the video but I guess that didn't stop all the people trying to scrub the internet of anti-gay propaganda. How can we educate ourselves and others if we just pretend the content doesn't exist? By pushing the content underground, you're actually removing the chance for it to be publicly scrutinized and debated.

The other flagged video was when I was trying to expose an anti-gay public school teacher. His tirade was recorded by a student but again, the community flagged it for hate-speech. The limited exposure worked and the media did pick up on the story. Unfortunately, YouTube would not reverse the mark on my account.

Lastly, I'd like to update you all on my summer surgery status. I have a confirmed date of June 14, 2013. I didn't want to bring out personal details but I decided it was appropriate now. I am having my ptosis corrected. It's not a live or die condition but it has crippled my self-esteem and caused some vision problems. Any last minute PayPal donations are greatly appreciated and needed.